This document describes the BEAM Plus Interiors rating system for benchmarking sustainability in the fit-out, renovation and refurbishment of non-domestic, occupied interior spaces.
BEAM Plus defines best practice criteria for a range of sustainability issues across the whole life-cycle of buildings and projects.
Projects are submitted for certification on a voluntary basis, with the outcomes conveyed via the BEAM Plus certificate and grading Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze reflecting the level of performance achieved.
Functional & Aesthetic
There are many benefits for indoor planting, plants not only bring a feeling of refreshment to the occupants, but also absorb indoor pollutants such as carbon dioxide. In return they emit oxygen in the surroundings and help in cleansing the indoor air.
According to some research studies, offices with indoor planting can reduce the rate of absenteeism and enhance in the creativity and productive of the employees.
Easy Green Building Credit Scoring on Indoor Planting
WOOFAA AOB needs only one-tenth floor space versus conventional greenwall and planting area.
Air revitalization power of WOOFAA AOB is equivalent to a 15m wide vertical green wall, at 1/5th of cost.
Version 1.0 (2013.08)
BEAM Plus Interiors Commercial, Retail and Institutional Submission Template for IEQ 2 – Indoor Planting
Improve the indoor air quality and enhance the productivity.
Plant species shall be carefully selected, and suited for indoor environment
- The minimum density is one large plant (300mm pot) or two small plants (200mm pot) per two workstations;
- Green wall of at least 5m2 is provided;
- Horticultural Maintenance Plan shall be in place for effective communication and ensure the health of the plants is maintained;
- No herbicides and pesticides are applied to the plants;
- No electricity, from fossil fuelled generation, is used to maintain and for the growth of the plants.